Wake Up London is a community of young people, aged between 16 to 35, who come together to practice the art of mindfulness in the midst of everyday life.
While Wake Up London draws its inspiration from the Zen Buddhist teachings of Thich Nhat Hanh, our community is focused on practice and not on beliefs or ideology.
Our practice is based on cultivating awareness of the breath and living deeply in the present moment, aware of what is happening within and around us. This practice helps us to release the tension in our bodies and feelings, to live life deeply and more happily, and to use compassionate listening and loving speech to help restore communication and reconcile with others.
We are open to all who hold an aspiration to transform themselves and contribute to a more healthy and compassionate society. We honour the unique roots of every individual and you can join as a Buddhist, Christian, Hindu, Jew, or Muslim as well as an agnostic, atheist or member of any other religious or spiritual grouping.
Wake Up London is part of an active world wide network called Wake Up – Young Buddhists and Non Buddhists for a Healthy and Compassionate Society. Together, we share a determination to live in an awakened way taking the Five Mindfulness Trainings as our path and guiding light.
- Afternoons of mindfulness for young people – Every Saturday, Central London
- Evenings of mindfulness for all ages – Every Thursday, Central London
- Meditation flash mobs for all ages – Somewhere in a public location…
- Monthly Wake Up in Motion! events – 1st Wednesdays of the month
- Monthly Wake Up: Engaged events – 3rd Wednesdays of the month
See all other Events